Hopped Up On Easter
Apr 17, 2014
Easter is only a hop away! This weekend, children and adults will come together to celebrate a holiday that is sentimental for all. In addition to the religious aspect of the holiday, chocolate bunnies, egg decorating and large dinners are a part of the tradition. Here are some Easter facts that may astonish you or give you a good chuckle about the holiday:
1. Households spend $131 on Easter each year, $14.7 billion in total.
2. After Halloween, Easter is the biggest candy consuming holiday. About 120 million pounds of candy are bought each year, enough to fill four dump trucks.
3. In the United States alone, 90 million chocolate bunnies, 91.4 billion eggs and 700 million peeps are produced each year.
4. The ears on chocolate bunnies are eaten first by people 76% of the time.
5. Americans consume over 16 million jellybeans on Easter, enough to circle the globe three times over.
The weather forecast for the long weekend is looking good, so why not take advantage of it and explore some the local attractions of events occurring in your area? There is the North Peace Leisure Pool Easter Eggstravaganza in Fort St. John and Grande Prairie’s Easter Eggstravaganza and Egg Decorating at Muskoseepi Park to name a couple.
Whether you’re enjoying the holiday with your community or at home we wish a very Happy Easter to you all!
For more information on Easter Events, check out the Events Calendar.